Dawn Baker is an APRN at the UF Pediatric Pulmonary and UF and Shands Sleep Disorders Center. Ms. Baker received her degree from the University of South Florida and is a Certified Nurse Practitioner, Certified Research Coordinator and an Asthma Educator with over 20 years of experience in the pediatric pulmonary department.
Ms. Baker’s interests include taking care of children with a wide variety of pediatric pulmonary disorders. She is involved in the telemedicine program and has participated in many clinical trials and investigator initiated studies.
- Sleep disorders
- Cystic Fibrosis
- MSN, University of South Florida, 2001
- BSN, University of North Florida, 1998
- RN, Central Florida Community College, 1995
- Summer Genetics Institute, National Institute of Nursing Research, National Institute of Health, 2007
- Certified Pediatric Nurse Practitioner; Certified Clinical Research Coordinator; Asthma Educator- Certified
Sub-investigator and Nurse Coordinator: A Long-Term Prospective Observational Safety Study of the Incidence of and Risk Factors for Fibrosing Colonopathy in US Patients with Cystic Fibrosis Treated with Pancreatic Enzyme Replacement Therapy: A Harmonized Protocol Across Sponsors. PI: P Schuler, MD
- Pertzborn MC, Prabhakaran S, Hardy A, Baker D, Robinson MA, Hendeles L. Direct Oberved Therapy of Inhaled Corticosteroids for Asthma at School or Daycare. Pediatric Allergy, Immunology and Pulmonology 2018 Dec V 4 (31): 226-229
- Janicke DM, Fedele DM, McQuaid EL, Abu-Hasan M, Baker D, Zou B, Netz M, and Lawless C. A Behavioral Family Intervention for Children with Overweight and Asthma. Society of Pediatric Psychology. 2018 Vol 6 #3: 259-269
- O’Sullivan B, Couch M, Roce JP, Walvick R, Zheng S, Baker D, Johnson M, Botfield M, Albert MS. Assessment of Repeatability of Hyperpolarized Gas MR Ventilation Functional Imaging in Cystic Fibrosis. Acad Radiol 2014 Dec; 21 (12): 1524-9
- O’Sullivan BP, Baker D, Leung KG, Reed G, Baker SS, Borowitz D. Evolution of Pancreatic Function during the First Year in Infants with Cystic Fibrosis. The Journal of Pediatrics. 2013
- Sun Y, O’Sullivan BP, Roche JP, Walvick R, Reno A, Baker D, Mansour JK, Albert MS. Using hyperpolarized 3He MRI to evaluate treatment efficacy in cystic fibrosis patients. J Magn Reson Imaging. 2011 Nov: 34(5): 1206-1211
- Tolomeo C (Editor) et al, Baker D . “Asthma.” Nursing Care in Pediatric Respiratory Disease. Wiley-Blackwell, Danvers, 2011
- Rosenfeld M, Emerson J, McNamara S, Joubran K, Retsch-Bogart G, Graff GR, Gutierrez HH, Kanga JF, Lahiri T, Noyes B, Ramsey B, Ren CL, Schechter M, Morgan W, Gibson RL; for the EPIC Study Group. Baseline Characteristics and Factors Associated with Nutritional and Pulmonary Status at Enrollment in the Cystic Fibrosis EPIC Observational Cohort. Pediatr Pulmonol. July; 1-11, 2010.
- Retsch-Bogart GZ, Burns JL, Otto KL, Liou TG, McCoy K, Oermann C, Gibson RL, the AZLI Phase II Study Group. A Phase 2 Study of Aztreonam Lysine for Inhalation to Treat Patients with Cystic Fibrosis and Pseudomonas aeruginosa Infection. Pediatric Pulmonology. 43: 47-58; 2008.
- Brantly, ML, Spencer LT, Humphries M, Conlon TJ, Spencer CT, Poirier A, Garlington W, Baker D, Song S, Berns KI, Muzyczka N, Snyder RO, Byrne BJ, Flotte TR. Phase I Trial of Intramuscular Injection of a Recombinant Adeno-associated Virus Serotype 2 (rAAV2) Alpha-1 Antitrypsin (AAT) Vector in AAT-deficient Adults. Human Gene Therapy, Dec; 17 (12) 2006: 1177-86; 2006.
- Flotte TR, Brantly ML, Spencer LT, Byrne BJ, Spencer CT, Baker DJ, Humphries M. Phase Trial of intramuscular injection of a recombinant adeno-associated virus alpha 1 antitrypsin (rAAV2-CB-hAAT) gene vector to AAT-deficient adults. Human Gene Therapy 15(1): 93-128, 2004.